Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 1 Done

Last night I did my last run for the week. Saturday was not the day to ask my husband to take on extra work with the kids, so I did my last run on Sunday instead. I am beginning to realize that I am going to have to get up early in order to get my runs in. There is just no way around it. 

A neighbor yelled out to me in a joking manner that no one runs past her house. For the first time I told a perfect stranger that I was training for a marathon. I think that the more people I tell, the more committed I will be to doing this thing. I still can't keep from feeling silly when I tell someone my goal, but I know that the more I stick with the training, the more real it will feel.

My heel is hurting really badly today. I am going to have to call my doctor and get them to take a look at it. I don't want it to stop me from running. And I am annoyed at it. For the first time in my life I am running with a goal, and now my heel is killing me. At least I know it isn't from the running, but I am scared that they will tell me I can't do my goal. I am already trying to come up with alternate plans if they tell me no running...swimming? biking? 

I am going to have to stock the fridge with better food. Running last night on a hotdog and mac and cheese dinner did NOT go well. At least I shaved a minute off my time, trying to get back home to the bathroom......


No comments:

Post a Comment